Monday, September 26, 2011

playing catch up

My poor little blog has been neglected! Our life has been pretty hectic lately, so… I have tons of random things to cover in this post. I’ll do it in 2 parts so you’re not completely bored. Sam got a new job! He’s working at Zion’s Bank in Provo! He started 2 weeks ago! He has been miserable the whole time because he’s been training haha. Let’s be honest training anywhere sucks right? I can’t blame him for hating it.  But this week he gets his own drawer! Yay!  But the best part about this new job? We have the same hours 8-5 and we have the same lunch! So I get to see him so much more! I just love it!
Its officially fall! I love the fall! It’s my favorite season, I look forward to it all year!  It means pumpkin pie, corn mazes, hot chocolate, haunted houses, horseback riding, and pretty leafs! I can’t wait!  It’s Sam’s favorite season too! Why? Because it means football is starting…….. I am on football overload. Don’t get me wrong I love going to live games! And I don’t mind watching it on TV for a couple minutes. But I’m learning that this will never be the case. ESPN is continually booming throughout our house, there are ALWAYS 3 games on at once; one in the bed room, one in the living room and one on the computer. And that’s not the end of it. When the games are over? Its football highlights (even though he just watched the game…. I don’t understand it ha) did I mention he has 6 flag football games a week?  And plays tackle football every Saturday morning? I’m beginning to think he’s a little obsessed.



This weekend was so laid back. It was exactly what we needed. We got to go up to Sundance with the Thomas’s! It was SO much fun. They took us to this amazing restaurant it was incredible. I had every dessert that was offered (8)……. Yeah I went a little overboard I’ll admit it. I could barely stand by the time we left I was so full. After we ate we went on the ski lift to see all the changing leafs it was gorgeous. I had so much fun! After that we went and had a campfire with my family we roasted marshmallows and corn. It was so fun just to sit and talk.
Every weekend I try and take Claire down to the barn. We wonder around in the swamp and visit the horses, lay in the hay etc… For the last few months we have been spending a lot of time with this guy.


 His name is Charlie; I’ve become quite fond of him. Charlie belongs to Jose (Jose keeps his horses at our pasture) I want him. It’s as simple as that. He’s so cute and friendly and he actually likes me unlike Sissy (sissy is my horse she absolutely hates me she takes off running in the opposite direction when she sees me because she knows there is a chance she’ll be ridden) I’m considering selling her…..so I can get Charlie. I know it’s not very nice to get rid of her…but in all honesty I think we would both be happier if we were separated. Just saying.
I made a wreath! Remember the one I posted a while back? I hated it. And I have looked everywhere for just the right one and I have had no luck. So I thought I’d take a shot at making one. Here it is.


It’s not perfect but its better than anything I’ve found. It was only 15 bucks to make. Yay! I love it when things are cheap. And I had extra greenery left over so I made matching topiaries. I’m very pleased with how it turned out!
Pinterest has made my day once again. I found a transfer method that works on any surface.  It’s incredible stuff, it’s called citri-solv. You just paint it on the back of your image and rub it on your surface. My first attempt was this pillow.


I call it my “T” pillow. I love how it turned out! It looks so vintage. I’m still trying to come up with other projects to try with this amazing stuff!  

1 comment:

Lee S. said...

Sarah, we should have a craft night, so you may teach us all your magical skills. Just sayin.