Tuesday, August 23, 2011

weekend project

I got a little carried away this weekend. I went to JoAnn’s (note- this is a store I should never be allowed to go into I lose track of time and money this also includes: target, gap, Abercrombie, hobby lobby, tai-pan and Lowes) I went in just to look… honest. But they had some awesome deals… and some new upholstery fabric…. so I gave in. Long story short my living room is no longer red, it’s now green, blue, white and beige. I LOVE IT! (but it’s not finished, so I’m not posting any pictures yet) But I did finish one of my pinterest projects that I will show you!
The little white monogram pillow- it’s cuter in person, I promise. My photography skills are just lacking, and I pretty much have zero natural light in my little basement apartment all this = horrible picture. But it’s still a cute pillow; the picture doesn’t do it justice. This time around I made all of my pillows bigger 23 by 23 inches so they are huge (I love them!). But this also means they are not as comfortable to lay on (Sam’s only complaint). The monogram pillow is made out of white canvas material (4 bucks a yard at walmart), so it’s very durable. I have fallen in love with this stuff. I’m using it for my new curtains as well.  I ended up painting the letter on the pillow it turned out really well and dried superfast!
p.s thank you kortney for the pretty sticks! I just love them!
These are the curtains I’m making. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a fabric that had the stripes already on it, so I’m sewing my beige stripes on. I’m so hoping it works! I’ve had a ton of problems with them alreadyL. I’m going to try and get it finished today, wish me luck!






2 comments:

chloé said...

ahhh! so cute sarah! i love them! you need to teach me how to sew now that i have a sewing machine! i can't wait to see the whole thing finished.. although i honestly thought it was darling before and the cutest house i have ever seen.. so i can only imagine how awesome it looks now!

Anonymous said...

http://www.theidearoom.net/?s=monogram