Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sams first and maybe last blog post (the golf ball miracle!)

first off id like to say something real fast, my wife sarah is amazing and i love her, i think her blog rocks and i feel like i need to pitch in at least once right? i married her on november 27th 2010 and feel like the luckiest man in the world. i love you sarah!.... 


.....Everything that has happened in my life i feel like i can explain with logic, reason, science, physics, etc. but something happened to me a couple of weeks ago that i cant explain at all. Some people might call it luck, others might say a coincidence, but people i assure you that this was a MIRACLE! still to this day its something that consumes my mind all day.

it all started with a beautiful afternoon of golf with my dad, and my brother in law Sean.
side note: we all kinda suck at golf but we are all about the same skill level so it makes it competitive.

The miracle came on the last hole of the day.  i was shooting an approach shot to the green from about 160 yards out. lined up for my swing and hit the ball, felt like a horrible shot, i looked up and i was right.... it was no good. but what happened next blew my mind. my WHITE top flight golf ball flew into the forest and hit a tree really hard "WHACK" and then it appeared to bounce all the way back to the fairway even my dad chimed in "wow you are so lucky!" sean didnt see what had happened unfortunately.

But something seemed off... the ball that flew out of the forest looked yellow when it came out, i thought maybe it hit something in there that stained it. but as i walked up to the ball it wasnt a stain.. it was a yellow golf ball!! it was a nike yellow range ball. that my friends is a miracle!! i cant even believe what had just happened. 


its like there was a leprechaun protecting the forest (golf ball comes in, throw golf ball out) making sure no one would come into its domain. (seans theory lol) 

But this is what i think (pool ball theory)

When i die and go to heaven the first thing im going to do is go to god and ask him if i can pull up the instant replay of that moment. and find out the truth.  my dad says the driving range was next to that hole... and that a ball just came flying out right then. but to me that sounds absurd. i know what really happened! it was a MIRACLE!  i ended up triple bogeying the last hole. (i think, i stopped counting)

5 comments:

chloƩ said...

hahaha! sean and i are cracking up over this.. i LOVE these pictures. i definitely think you should contribute to the blog more. can i just say how happy i am that you guys finally got a blog? you two are the cutest ever. i love you both..and i think this story is hilarious. but mostly the picture of the golfball hitting the tree and the yellow one popping out.. haha. my only question is.. how come i am just now hearing this story? p.s. ill see you at the game in like.. 40 minutes!

Sam&Sarah said...

Sam I absolutely love the illustrations! Maybe you should be the art teacher.

Sam&Sarah said...

That was me Sam not Sarah. Jed

Staci T said...

Mom: Sam, what did you do today?

Sam: Oh nothing, just my usual miracles.

Same ol' Sam. Just a life full of miracles........

Matt said...

It was hit from the range, and I still think you are lucky, after all you got Sarah to marry you!

I think since it was a lost ball and you finished with a different ball, you lost the round. I guess I'm the lucky one. haha

Dad