Thursday, August 18, 2011

my pinterest projects past, present, and future....

Pinterest consumes more of my time than it should. I don’t know why I like it so much. You pretty much just look at pictures the whole time. But I love it. I find so many fun projects on it! Many of the blogs that I stalk I have found on pinterest. I often look on pinterest when I’m stumped on what to wear that day. So what’s not to love? It’s silly I know…., but I just can’t help it, I’m obsessed.

Past Projects
Keep in mind most of these are not the coolest. I was just starting, im working up to the cooler ones J. These are not pictures of what I have made. I will be taking pictures of them soon and posting my attempt of these cute mini projects.

The socks ha I know what your thinking, because I thought the exact same thing. They are cute, but where could you ever wear them? Socks are covered most of the time. So although they weren’t the most practical thing to make, I made them anyway. I love them! But I haven’t worn them yet… ha maybe when it gets colder.


The pink skirt- I love this color of pink! And lucky for me I had a dress (that I can’t wear anymore because it’s to short) that I could use to make this! All I had to do was cut off the top of the dress and add elastic to the waste, easy enough right?


Lace for days skirt- I’m not going to say much about this skirt because I’m wanting to do separate post for this. But I will say it’s absolutely adorable. By far my favorite skirt EVER. I love it.



Present projects
These are a lot harder than I had anticipated. Mainly because I don’t feel completely comfortable using the saw. If only someone could take 5 min out of their day to teach me…(dad)


Pottery barn number picture- like I said this one has been difficult. I found the perfect board for it though! I took it from the junk pile at the barn it’s a handmade bead board pallet (which I love). It’s beautiful, is it weird that I think wood is pretty? Anyway I got a hold of a projector that I’ll use to change the size, and angle of the numbers trace them on and then hand paint it. My plan is to paint the board black, trace the numbers, then paint them white and then use a light stain over the entire thing to make it look aged. I’m really hoping this one works out!  


Quote boards- I LOVE these! But they are so expensive; they run from 40-250 bucks a piece at stores. So I decided to make my own. It can’t be that hard right? I have the wood canvas’s ( but I still need help putting some of it together hint- dad) I ran into a problem with this one. In order to get the words on the board to look right I need a program that can mirror text. Does anyone know how or where I could get a program that can do that?


Future projects
I haven’t started any of these. But they are next in line! My goal is to have all of them done by the end of the year.



Curtains- I have the fabric picked out but not bought. The plan is to have this up in my little kitchen. But… in all honestly I have no idea how to make a roman shade. I’ve never done this kind of curtain before. I need to find a pattern for this one..


Bed-bench- I think this is the most amazing thing ever. And lucky for me my old wooden bed will work perfectly for it!

Ladder- I’ll never know why I have an obsession over old worn out things. Like this ladder, I think it’s stunning. And I found one! At the barn so it would be free. I just need to convince my dad to let me have it.

Door-bench- Kort and I stole an old door off an abandon house. It’s amazing, it looks just like the one in the picture. I have had it for over a year and have been completely stumped on what to do with it. Until now!


Terra cotta pots- These little beauties are covered in fabric and mod podged on, cute idea ya?

Bag- Love this! This will be like an hour project. I already have the fabric it’s a white canvas so it’s very sturdy. I just need to find leather… maybe I’ll use belts?


Monogram pillow- As many of you know, I have an obsession with monogramed anything. I want this. And it shouldn’t be that hard! I just can’t decide how to get the letter onto the pillow. Do I print it, sew it or paint it? Hmm….


Ottoman-  So many possibilities with this one. I’m considering using a couch cushion for the main part of it, stabilizing it with a board, cover the entire thing in fabric and then adding the feet. I just don’t know where to find any of that…

6 comments:

Devin & Katie said...

these are all so cute! I love Pinterest too! I'm on it every single day, and I actually just BARELY started actually doing the projects I love! I'm excited to see how your turned out! I love that lace skirt and it's on my to-make list too!

Lee S. said...

Ooo Sarah these are fun! I love that you are so crafty :)

chloé said...

oh how i am addicted to pinterest too! i love it. haha i have pinned almost all these same things! great minds must think alike eh? i can't wait to see your skirt! you will have to show me how to make it :) hope you are doing awesome! it was great to see you at lunch today! lets hang out soon! love ya!

Maddie said...

will you make ME some of those socks?? OH my adorable.

Jenna & Joey said...

i can help with the monogram! i have a cricut, and all you have to do is make a stencil and then paint it, or they even have iron on vinyl! lets have a craft day!

Sam&Sarah said...

oh I would love that! I've always wanted to use the cricut!