Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dodging a 14,000.00 bullet

I often forget how lucky I am to have such a wonderful guy. He would do anything to make sure I was happy. Even go into debt 14 grand.
Let me explain…

My little VW Jetta has been through a lot. It’s a fantastic little car but….im extremely hard on my cars. It’s safe to assume it has been neglected ever since I got it, so was it a surprise when it started having problems? Not at all. If anything it was expected. Does this make me irresponsible? Of course. What makes me more irresponsible is convincing Sam that this meant I needed a new car. When it comes to cars I get a bit carried away. In reality our budget for a new car would probably be around 7 to 8 thousand. Why I thought we could afford something that was double that price, I’ll never know. So we went and test drove cars. Expensive cars. (this was not a good idea) We both loved this little beauty

  
Seriously? I know myself better then to even consider test driving something like this, I KNOW I’m going to want it, and that I can find a way to get it. Neither one of us have any experience with cars salesman those guys know how to suck you in and make you think you can afford getting something like this.  I could tell Sam was feeling uneasy about the whole thing and in all honesty I was too.  So when they told us they could bring the price down from 17,000.00 to 12,000.00 I left the decision up to him. (because I knew I would get sucked into the beauty of this machine) I could see he was scared to get it, and he should have been! He’s the rational one out of the two of us.  I figured he would tell the guy no and that would be the end of it, But he didn’t he went against his better judgment you know why? Because he thought that it would make me happy. He told the guy we would get it. Seriously?! Could I ask for a more loving guy? Who would be willing to go in debt 14,000.00 bucks to make their wife happy? No one! He’s incredible. The salesman starting wiping out papers to have us sign and we started to fill things out and signing and such. After a few min of this, I turned to Sam and said “I don’t want it lets not do this, let’s just run the door is right there” he looked at me shocked. I could tell he was taken back by what I was saying, but I couldn’t shake that feeling that this wasn’t the right thing to do. (Even thought I really wanted it). Oh how I wish we would have just ran. That’s just like me, run from my problems. But Sam wouldn’t let us. And he was right, we needed to be considerate to them and make sure we hadn’t signed anything binding yet. That’s just like Sam he’s so considerate of people’s feelings. Hopefully someday some of that will rub off on me. So I ran and knocked on the financial advisers door and asked him if we had signed anything binding, (while leaving Sam with the now pissed off salesman ha that must have been incredibly awkward) he said we hadn’t signed anything binding and that we could just walk away. I can’t tell you what relief those words brought me. I ran out to tell Sam and then we booked it out of there. We were both SO relieved.
I didn’t realize the extreme measures Sam would take to make sure I was happy. He’s such a amazing guy and I am so lucky to have gotten him. But I know now I need to be more careful of what I say I want around him, cause he would do just about anything to make sure I got it.  

No comments: