Monday, January 23, 2012

What happens when I have nothing to do...


Last year I found this old barn scrap wood down at my families property I thought it was cool so I took it home I figured someday I would use it for something. For months I contemplated on what to use this cool wood for, I just can’t waste something this unique! (I have a fondness for old wood if you couldn’t tell) I finally (thanks to pinterest) found a project that would do it justice.  Here is where I got the idea for my horse painting. http://thenesteclectic.blogspot.com/2011/03/pottery-barn-look-alike.html
It was super simple; it took me less than 24 hours to complete (most of which was just drying time). I used the contact paper like she did on hers I varied things a little bit but for the most part I followed the instructions on her blog. It was a very fun project and very good time filler for a boring Saturday! I’m thinking I might have to try it again soon!

2 comments:

chloƩ said...

it is so awesome sarah! i love it! you are so talented. i seriously need your help with my house!

Staci T said...

Gorgeous!