Tuesday, September 6, 2011

weekend

Friday night Sam had his fantasy draft at the apartment!(He says he got a good team! I hope he wins!) But this meant I got kicked out ha so I spend my night making this little beauty at my parents.


 Have you ever seen topiary’s in stores? They are so pretty and I’m just obsessed with them but they run 40-70 bucks a piece. Truth be told I can’t afford to spend that much on a fake plant. So I decided to make my own. They surprisingly turned out really really cute. I used real branches instead of a wood rod to make it look more natural. Side note- I stole the branches off my neighbor’s tree while I was trying to get the branches loose I noticed them watching me from their window haha I panicked because I’m such a spaz ripped the branches of the tree and took off running down the street I ran in a completely different direction then my house (to confuse them) but despite my awesome efforts to conceal my identity im pretty sure they knew it was me. Anyways…. I’ve made several now and I seriously love them.  

The picture below is a monumental moment that I captured of our little family. Let me give you some history first- 1. Claire likes to sit on my lap when I’m driving (I know this isn’t safe but I let her do it anyway) I’ve never seen her do this with anyone else ever 2. Claire is not the biggest fan of Sam…..So When she jumped up on his lap while we were driving it was kinda a big deal. At least it was to me, I was so excited that they finally started warming up to each other! We were on our way to Sean and Chloe’s to watch a movie, Chloe said I should bring Claire so Moses could have a friend. I was SO excited that she got to come with us but I was a little nervous because Claire can be a bully. She was a huge bully! I felt bad for poor Moe he’s the sweetest dog ever and didn’t know why Claira was being so mean. She is super protective of me so whenever Moe would come within 2 feet of me she would growl and snap at him…poor guy. Hopefully it goes better next time.


Sunday we got to go to the cabin! We played on the 4-wheelers; I looked for more branches for my topiaries so that I didn’t have to have any more run ins with the neighbors. AND (this is the most important part) I FINALLY after a month of begging got my dad to teach me how to make a wood canvas. I now have 4 huge beautiful wood canvas’s to make my quote boards out of. I could not be more excited!!




Monday was my mother in laws birthday! She’s absolutely wonderful and I feel so lucky to have gotten such an amazing 2nd mom. We all went and saw the help and had a bbq for her birthday.  I
ended up having to leave early to help my family with hay. I have no complaints about having to leave, I love being with the Thomas’s but hailing hay is one of my favorite things to do! (and I couldn’t just leave my family needing help) I took a bunch of pictures of my dad and brothers while we were working. They are a bit fuzzy because it turns out it’s pretty hard to drive a tractor and take a picture… oh well. Overall labor day weekend was awesome. I loved getting to spend every second of it with our families!





4 comments:

chloƩ said...

awww! i love you sarah! so glad you guys came over on saturday with claire! moses keeps looking for her.. i think she is just playing hard to get :) they are totally boyfriend/girlfriend! and i still have your money for Slab.. so sorry i forgot to give it to you that night! and i want to make a topiary!! you will have to show me how! you are brilliant! love you!

Ashley Eliza said...

sarah! you need to teach me your domestic ways. that is so dang cute :) glad you had a good weekend!! & your dog is darling. i want a puppy.

xoxo

Bubba J said...

Where are the rest of the pictures?

Staci T said...

I Love you too Sarah....So much!!!