Monday, September 12, 2011

and.....im done!

I finished my quote wall! Finally! After weeks and weeks of playing around in the paint program, building canvas’s, painting, and rearranging its finally done! And I could not be happier with it! And guess what? It only cost me 10 bucks. The picture quality once again blows but you get the idea of what it looks like. I LOVE it! I finished it on Saturday thanks to the help of the most amazing girl in the world Kortney! She helped me arrange the whole thing on the wall because I was completely stumped on how to do it.


Immediately after i finished the wall I decided I needed another project ha so kort and I went to hobby lobby picked up some coat hangers and headed down to the pasture to see what wood we had to work with. The result this little beauty!

I picked out a piece of old barn wood from the wood pile (the wood is from the barn I was practically raised in, it got torn down years ago when my family sold it. I was absolutely devastated about it, literally all of my child hood memories were on that farmL. So this coat rack has become somewhat of a sentimental piece for me it’s kind of like I get to keep a piece of my childhood with me nowJ.) Then I took it home cut it to size, white washed it, and screwed on my hangers. It was seriously the easiest project in the world!  I LOVE how it turned out! This is probably my favorite thing I’ve made so far! I love how rustic it looks! Hanging it up was difficult it weighs 30-35 lbs. I was worried about finding studs to hang it on because I didn’t have a stud finder to help me out. So I spend about 30 min knocking on the wall trying to figure out where they were (turns out they were about 16 inch. apart every time). I found them after a while! I put the nails in the wall first then drilled holes in my board that lined up with the nails and mounted it on the wall. Its held good so far! Hopefully it last!
And….. my wreath. I’m not sure if I like it. I have this huge mirror above my couch and it always looks so bare so I tried hanging a wreath over it. I like the idea of having a wreath over the mirror but I think I may have just gotten the wrong one. Anybody want to trade? It’s a cute wreath it just doesn’t go well with my stuff ha.

My wall of Claire haha I know it’s silly how much I love this dog but… whatever judge me if you must. I just mod podged her picture on canvas and called it good. P.S. my amazing discovery of the weekend half school glue half water = mod podge. It ends up costing about 30 cents I promise you its well worth your time to make. Read about it in more detail here http://sunnyslifeinrehab.blogspot.com/2010/08/homemade-decoupage-medium.html (I found this on pinterest!)

I don’t know what to work on now though… any thoughts? I’m thinking i might start a quilt or try making a braided rug hmm. I guess I’ll have to look through pinterest for ideas! Btw I have to announce my fantasy football team is doing awesome!  I know it’s only week one but I think there is a good chance I can win!

2 comments:

Matt said...

The projects look great. I'm sure Sam loves the Buffalo Bills football club part and I really like the pictures of Josh, I mean Claire (hehe)

FYI: if the apartment was build correctly the studs should be 16" on center apart from each other.

chloé said...

Sarah! they look so good all hung up! i love them! you will have to teach me how to do them! and i read that thing on pinterest too about mod podge! soo awesome! i love that you have a claire wall. i think it is the coolest thing ever. i need one for moses... anyway.. you are so talented! you amaze me! also? congrats on the fantasy football team! i wish i was in a league this year! i love doing it! it makes watching football way more exciting huh! :)